Saturday, June 2, 2012

Mocha Tartlets Recipe

     I am planning a fancy seven course dinner time some time in the near future.  I have one about every ten years or so and I am past due.  We are really simple, country people but occasionally it is fun to throw on some fancy duds and pretend to be posh.  :-)

     These "Mocha Tartlets" will be the hors d'oevre for the party (unless I change my mind between now and then).  We made 28 of them and between my hubby and my 2 boys, they were all gone in an hour.  Needless to say, they loved them.  I did manage to get two of them and they were delicious as always.

     If you do make them for a party, do not let on how simple they are to make.  Everyone will go on and on about them and let them assume you slaved to make them.

Mocha Tartlets

1 c. heavy cream
2 T. sugar
2 tsp. french vanilla cappuccino powder
1 tsp. vanilla
chocolate cake sprinkles
56 vanilla or chocolate wafers

     Place the heavy cream, sugar, cappuccino powder and vanilla into a mixing bowl.  Using an electric mixer, whip the heavy cream mixture until stiff peaks form.  Using foil cupcake tins, place a wafer in the bottom, place 1 tsp. of whipping cream mixture on top.  Place another wafer on top and then another teaspoon of whipping cream.  Finally, sprinkle on the chocolate sprinkles and chill for 2 hours to soften the wafers or eat immediately.  

Mocha Tartlet recipe, hor d'oeuvre, tartlets, fancy recipes, dinner party
The finished tartlet.  

Mocha Tartlet recipe, hor d'oeuvre, tartlets, fancy recipes, dinner party
My son, Brandon, getting ready to enjoy the tartlet. 

Mocha Tartlet recipe, hor d'oeuvre, tartlets, fancy recipes, dinner party
My husband getting ready to eat the tartlet.

     The funniest part of this all was watching my husband lick the beaters like he was a little kid.  He was having such a good time licking them that he refused to share.  That's my babe!

Follow me on Pinterest
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube channel
Follow me on Instagram

    Another blog you might like:

19 comments:

  1. These sound so tasty. I would think they would be perfect to go with after dinner coffee as well. I would love it if you would share this on my linky party Tout It Tuesday. http://www.claimingourspace.com/2012/06/tout-it-tuesday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know about your linky party. I will put it on my list and link up each week! I just went to your blog and linked up this recipe. hugs!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for sharing on Tout It Tuesday!

      Delete
  2. Ha Ha! sounds like they were a big hit! They certainly do look tasty!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill, I love to link up with you. It is an honor. Following you now too!

      Delete
  3. Oooooh, these do indeed look yummy and I love how easy they are! Thanks for sharing and for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for allowing me to link up with you. Love the look of your blog!

      Delete
  4. Oh, yum! Thank you for sharing this! I'll bet my family would love!

    Stopping by from Hop Along Friday and glad to have found you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound amazing and so simple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look and sound SO good! I know my family would love them, as well! Enjoy your seven course meal. I can't wait to read all about it! :-) Thanks for linking up with Try a New Recipe Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, thank you so much. Hope you will drop by again soon.

      Delete
  7. Yummy! We found you via Sumo's sweet stuff - Market Yourself Monday. We are your newest facebook followers. Share the love <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you stopped by and really appreciate you becoming a follower.

      Delete
  8. Your mocha tartlets look so yummy! So funny about your husband licking the beaters! We still fight over who gets the beaters!:) Thanks for linking up to our Strut Your Stuff! -The Six Sisters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for dropping by. I hope to link up with you all again next week.

      Delete
  9. Looks delicious! I would love for you to share this or any of your great ideas at the link party going on now (and every Saturday through Tuesday) at 'Or so she says ...' Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mariel, thank you so much for letting me know about your link up. I will definitely head your way next. I would also love for you to become one of my followers.

      Delete

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...