Large Visitor Globe

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Thanksgiving Recipes for the Perfect Holiday Meal

    Here is a great list of ideas and recipes so you can plan the PERFECT Thanksgiving meal.  You can find recipes from appetizers-to-desserts.  Traditional recipes and some exotic recipes...they all can be found here in one great location!!!

Appetizers:

    Pickle Sushi:     I know this may sound weird or gross but trust me on this.  It is delicious and almost addicting.  It the perfect snack.  It is salty.  It is cheesy.  It's a bit sour.  All the good stuff, all rolled up into one.  It truly is the most addictive snack and one in which you never even knew you wanted.

Thanksgiving meal ideas, traditional Thanksgiving meal, Thanksgiving menu ideas, Thanksgiving dinner menu ideas,
Pickle Sushi

Italian Cannolis:    I had never TRIED a cannoli before in my life.  I found out that they are super easy to make so I decided to have a go at it.  Wow, I had been missing out because they are so delicious and super simple to make. 

Thanksgiving meal ideas, traditional Thanksgiving meal, Thanksgiving menu ideas, Thanksgiving dinner menu ideas,
Italian Cannoli

Beverage:

Sparkling Pineapple Punch:       Pineapple is a great fruit.  It is sweet with just a bit of tanginess to it....pineapples are just great.  We like to slice them up and enjoy the fruit fresh but we also like pineapple juice in beverages.  For instance, this Sparkling Pineapple Punch!


Thanksgiving meal ideas, traditional Thanksgiving meal, Thanksgiving menu ideas, Thanksgiving dinner menu ideas,
Sparkling Pineapple Punch

Bread:  

One Hour Homemade Bread:    I remember growing up and watching my mother bake bread.  She didn't do it very often but when she did, the whole house smelled great.  One reason she did not bake bread often (I assume) is because it was a LOT of work.  I remember her kneading the dough, letting it rise for an hour, punching it down, letting it rise again, forming into loaves and rising again before she baked them.  Whew!  I'm tired just writing about it.  I make bread at least 4 times a week at my home (usually 5-6 times).    I can make a 2 loaves of bread--from start to finish--in one hour.  Yep, you heard me and you can too.


Thanksgiving meal ideas, traditional Thanksgiving meal, Thanksgiving menu ideas, Thanksgiving dinner menu ideas,
Homemade Bread

Main Dish:

 Turkey:    With the holidays coming up, I thought I would tell you a simple way to cook a turkey breast in the crock-pot.  This is a great time of year to pick up turkey breasts for a great price and here is a quick and easy way to cook them.


Thanksgiving meal ideas, traditional Thanksgiving meal, Thanksgiving menu ideas, Thanksgiving dinner menu ideas,
Turkey cooked in a crock pot

Side Dishes:

Homemade Country Corn Bread Dressing:   This is my cornbread dressing recipe that I have been making for many, many years.  When I go to potluck dinners, this is one of the dishes they always request I bring.  It is similar to many others out there but each one is tweaked just a bit different.  This is mine.  I hope you enjoy.


Thanksgiving meal ideas, traditional Thanksgiving meal, Thanksgiving menu ideas, Thanksgiving dinner menu ideas,
Cornbread Dressing

Honey Glazed Carrots:  These honey glazed carrots are so delicious.  I made 2 pounds to go with our supper and my family of four at them all.  Not even one carrot coin was left over...they are THAT good.

Thanksgiving meal ideas, traditional Thanksgiving meal, Thanksgiving menu ideas, Thanksgiving dinner menu ideas,
Honey Glazed Carrots

Pumpkin flavored Mac and cheese:  My husband and teenage son loves pumpkin anything any time of the year and most people love mac & cheese, so why not combine the them?  It may sound weird but they really do go together to make a really savory dish.  Not only is pumpkin yummy tasting but adding it to foods boost the fiber and vitamin content.  This mac & cheese is very creamy and filling. 


Thanksgiving meal ideas, traditional Thanksgiving meal, Thanksgiving menu ideas, Thanksgiving dinner menu ideas,
Pumpkin flavored mac & cheese

Au Gratin Potatoes:   I love my au gratin potato recipe mainly because it gives me a chance to use some of mydehydrated potatoes. 


Thanksgiving meal ideas, traditional Thanksgiving meal, Thanksgiving menu ideas, Thanksgiving dinner menu ideas,
Au Gratin Potatoes

Desserts: 

Pumpkin Sheet Cake:    This Pumpkin Sheet Cake is super moist and is packed with yummy pumpkin goodness that is topped with a cinnamon cream cheese frosting that is simply divine!  This cake is right up my husband's alley.  If you could smell this cake right now, y'all would be begging for a slice!  Oh, by the way, did I mention that it takes less than one hour, start-to-finish, to make?!  It's true!

Thanksgiving meal ideas, traditional Thanksgiving meal, Thanksgiving menu ideas, Thanksgiving dinner menu ideas,
Pumpkin Sheet Cake

Pumpkin Supreme Pie:  Our family loves this pie.  I try to make it when we are having special company over for dinner or on Thanksgiving but my family would love to have this at least once a week.  It is a perfectpumpkin pie but elevated to a whole new level. It looks lovely and tastes delicious!


Thanksgiving meal ideas, traditional Thanksgiving meal, Thanksgiving menu ideas, Thanksgiving dinner menu ideas,
Pumpkin Supreme Pie


Follow us on Facebook
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on g+
Follow our Youtube channel
Follow me on Instagram 

6 comments:

  1. I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good.
    I do not know who you are but definitely you're going to a famous blogger if you
    aren't already ;) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you found your way here. We are so pleased to have you here with us.

      Delete
  2. Definately going to try out some of these awesome recipes next week. Especially the bread and crockpot turkey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad and hope you have a very happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  3. I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own blog and was wondering what all is needed to get setup?
    I'm assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty
    penny? I'm not very internet smart so I'm not 100% sure.
    Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can use blogger.com at first with no start up fees but I went ahead and went to godaddy.com and purchased my dot com name. It is less than $20 a year (if I remember correctly). Other than that, you can start out with virtually no money. Just have interesting content and you can do it.

      Delete

Blog Oklahoma
Blog Oklahoma
easy recipes